Police launch investigation after car hits power pole, injures four people

| 20.11,23. 12:23 PM |

Police launch investigation after car hits power pole, injures four people

The wreckage of the car is cleared from the scene as police investigations open. (Nine)

Police have today launched an investigation after a car crashed into a power pole in Sydney's south, leaving four young people travelling in the vehicle hospitalised.
The crash at Hillcrest Avenue caused major traffic delays earlier but King Georges Road has reopened at Hurstville.
The road had been closed in both directions between Woniora Road and Connells Point Road, opening around 9am this morning.
The impact of the car crash brought power lines down. (Nine)
The incident began when emergency services were called to King Georges Road about 2.45am after reports a Toyota Prado SUV lost control and collided with a power pole and a fence.
Crews worked to free a 19-year-old female passenger and the driver – an 18-year-old man – while authorities worked to isolate power from the fallen lines.
After being freed from the wreckage, both were to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital for treatment.
Two other passengers in the crash – a 20-year-old male and a 16-year-old girl – were taken to St George Hospital for treatment to minor injuries.
The impact of the crash was so severe that debris from the Toyota SUV landed in nearby properties, causing damage to some.
Reports say the vehicle rolled and then landed at the side of the road before hitting the pole and bringing down power lines.
Emergency services were called to the crash at about 3am today. (Nine)
Police have established a crime scene, which will be examined by specialist crash investigations officers.
Traffic remains heavy in the area so motorists should allow additional travel time and exercise caution.
Route 954 and 955 buses are no longer diverting away from King Georges Road but some buses are still delayed.
Investigations into the circumstances surrounding the crash continue.

(Votes: 0)

Other News

Optus CEO Kelly Bayer Rosmarin resigns South Australian road toll reaches grim milestone Man charged after two men allegedly stabbed at Sydney bus stop Person killed after home destroyed by fire in Sydney Three teens rescued from water at Bondi Beach Labor wins by-election in the seat of former Victorian premier Daniel Andrews but voting shows support weakened NSW government rejects federal MP Julian Leeser's call for ban on 'anti-Semitic' car convoys Woolworths delivery driver robbed at gunpoint in Perth car park On 42nd day of the aggression on Gaza, the massacres continue Voters in Mulgrave head to polls in by-election to replace former premier Daniel Andrews Residents-only parking in exclusive beachside suburb ruled illegal Three teens charged with allegedly starting bushfire in New South Wales Teen, man, charged over Sydney police pursuit Man dead after after ute, semi-trailer collide on Newell Highway near West Wyalong Man dead after suspected shooting at Rockhampton Optus CEO to face Senate grilling over mass outage New laws to monitor released asylum seeker detainees pass parliament overnight Police officer shot dead, another injured, in South Australia Police investigating after woman's body found at Adelaide unit block Three women taken to hospital after crash causes traffic chaos in Sydney's north Sales of fake Australian IDs rampant on the dark web, second only to the US Driver killed in fiery car and truck crash north-east of Melbourne Australia’s foreign minister declines to meet with UN rapporteur for occupied Palestine Police intervene in argument in Sydney allegedly caused by Israel-Palestine tensions Almost a third of all GPs 'intend to retire' in the next five years Girl, 12, arrested after fatal stabbing inside inner Melbourne property Shots fired into family home in 'targeted' Melbourne home invasion Queensland swelters under heatwave, warnings of increased fire risk Detainees released without visas after High Court decision in immigration revelation Man allegedly woke to being stabbed during Melbourne home invasion