| 12.04,21. 05:28 PM |
Hearings closed to media for two teens charged over the stabbing death of 16yo Yannis Leulusoo
Mr Leulusoo was taken to hospital but he died a short time later
Two teenage boys charged over their alleged involvement in the fatal stabbing of a 16-year-old boy in Brisbane's CBD last week have faced court.
It is alleged on Thursday night, a fight broke out between Yannis Leulusoo, 16, and another 16-year-old boy who was known to him, before he was allegedly stabbed in the stomach.
Police said a passer-by found Mr Leulusoo lying on the ground at Suncorp Plaza.
Emergency crews were called to the city and he was taken to hospital, but he died a short time later.
On Sunday, detectives raided two homes in northern Brisbane before arresting the 16-year-old boy and charging him with murder.
A 17-year-old boy was also found at another home and charged with accessory after the fact to murder.
On Tuesday, the pair faced closed hearings in the Childrens Court in Brisbane.
Media were denied permission to listen to either of the proceedings, including a bail application for the older teenager.
Magistrate Leanne Scoines said there was a "particularly volatile atmosphere" surrounding the matter.
"I do think that given other dynamics within particular sections of the community relating to the defendant and his co-accused that it would be particularly prejudicial to allow the media to sit in today," she said.
The ABC understands the 17-year-old was granted bail.
Investigations into the incident are ongoing and police are still appealing for information from the public.